The SPCA will be in this Saturday with cute and fluffy cats available for adoption. Pop down between 12-3pm! For what’s coming up next week, please click here.
REGULAR CLASS SPOTLIGHT
The Thursday Evening Walking Group is a dedicated group of walkers making the most of the varied terrain around our suburb, and good company, to get some exercise in every week. Walks depart from CPCC at 7pm sharp every Thursday evening. If you’d like more information, get in touch with me at the Centre.
ON NEXT WEEK
· ** Labour Day: Centre Closed: ** - The following classes are not running: 360 Degree Fitness, Pilates with Churton Park Physio, Yoga with Diane, Bodevolve Pilates and the Buggy Group.
· ** Card and Box Making Class ** - this is a lovely, crafty class just for grown-ups! Learn to make cards, envelopes and boxes. Tuesday 28th October from 10-12pm and only $20 for 4 stunning crafts to keep. Numbers are limited for this class, so make sure you get in touch to book your spot: firstname.lastname@example.org / 830 4802. See the attached flyer or in-Centre for examples of what you will make.
· ** Early Explorers Playgroup Cancelled on Wednesday 29th October**
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
· ** 360 Degree Fitness Change of Time ** - Tuesday’s 10am Men’s Group Fitness class is moving to 11am, from 4th November. Get in for a pre-lunchtime workout. Contact David (email@example.com) to register.
· ** Preschool Music Classes ** – Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 10:45am, starting Tuesday 4 November. Music, song, and dance for pre-schoolers. Let your little one explore melody, rhythm, and movement in interactive, fun sessions! For children under 5, including infants. First class free if signed up before 31 October. Limited spaces! $40 for five classes. For more information and to sign up contact Felicity Baker, a local Suzuki-trained cello and piano teacher at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 272 2580. See attached.
· ** Free Arthritis Seminars ** - designed to help you live positively with arthritis. We hosted these sessions a few months ago and people were buzzing about how useful they were! Wednesday 5th November from 10am. See the schedule attached for different times for different types of arthritis. Tell your friends with arthritis! Book with me at the Centre - 830 4802 / email@example.com
· ** Funclay Christmas Decoration Class ** - Drop the kids off and get some Christmas shopping done while they learn how to make cute Christmas decorations out of Funclay. Great on the tree or for gifts. Funclay will also be available to purchase. Thursday November 6th (2 spaces left) or Friday 7th November from 3.30 - 5pm, $15 per child. Please book through the Centre – firstname.lastname@example.org or 830 4802.
· ** Christmas Card Making Class ** - Tuesday 11th November 10-12pm. Learn the skills to make four exquisite Christmas cards then take home your work! Just $20 for four cards. Places are strictly limited, so register with me: 830 4802 or Beckie.email@example.com.
· ** Churton Park Craft Market Kids Market ** - This is exciting! This year's Churton Park Craft Market will include a market by and for kids! Kids, start saving your pocket money and join us on Friday 14th November from 5 – 8pm for fun, food, entertainment and shopping!
· ** Pashminas Unlimited Sale ** - For the first time at CPCC, fine quality Kashmiri pashminas in silk, wool and cotton. These would make gorgeous Christmas gifts (or something special for yourself) on sale at CPCC on Friday 21st November between 12 – 2pm. See attached for more information on product and prices.
· ** Churton Park Photography Club End of Year Exhibition ** - Tuesday 25th November, from 7pm at Simmer Café. This will be an opportunity to see and appreciate the talent and the achievements of this group in the past year. Examples of the students' work will be framed and available for sale. For those of you curious about joining the Club, this could also be a great opportunity to get along and meet some of the members.
FROM THE CHURTON PARK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
· ** Car Boot Sale ** - It’s back! Sunday 2 November in the Churton Park New World car park from 1pm to 4pm. Anyone wanting to be a seller can contact Richard 478 5188 for details.
· ** Churton Park Community Christmas Party ** - mark your calendars, this year’s Christmas Party will be on Saturday 29th November. More details to follow.
· ** Talent Search for Tourism shoot ** - NZ Productions helps organise photo shoots for clients around Wellington. We have a job coming up in late November we are wanting people for. This is a paid job for the people selected. The work will be quite straight forward. Ages required Between 20 - 45yrs. Talent fee: $300 half day - $450 full day (less tax). Shooting: Late November 2014 - day to be confirmed. Submission form:http://www.nzproduction.co.nz/
** Want to read faster? **- Come and double your present reading speed with the Genius Mind Reading programme. Learn to use your natural learning capabilities much more effectively. Johnsonville Library. Friday 31st October @ 6.30pm. This is a free event for adults.
· ** Cardio Tennis is coming! ** - see attached for more information on this new initiative from Churton Park Tennis Club.
FROM NEWLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
Calling all crafty-types – do you knit, weave, carve, paint, sew, or otherwise create things? Would you like to have a go at selling your creations? Newlands Community Centre is having aChristmas Craft Fair on Friday 5 December, 4- 7pm. We want any local people who have crafts or Christmas goodies/edible gifts to come along and have a stall – and it will all be FREE!!!!!! More details will follow, but we need to know NOW if you think you would like to take part, whether you knit socks, make Christmas cards, weave kete, or bake Christmas cookies. We are hoping that the community will get behind this event – we know there is lots of talent. Please contact Pippa on 477 3724 if you are interested.
FROM TAWA COMMUNITY CENTRE
Triple One is holding a one day workplace first aid course next Tuesday 28 October at Tawa Community Centre. From 8.30am-5pm. For more info or to book, contact Steffan on 021 967448 or 0800 4TRIPLE1 or go to their website www.triplecare.co.nz.
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Enjoy your long weekend!
Community Centre Advocate | | Wellington City Council
P 04 803 8741 | M 021 247 8741 | F
E Rebecca.Duffy@wcc.govt.nz | W Wellington.govt.nz