Welcome to 2015 at CPCC! I trust you have all had a refreshing festive season!
With a new year comes a new start and if you are thinking about doing something different in 2015 and perhaps want to share your knowledge or expertise with the community, have a think about running a community class here at the Centre. We have so many talented people living in Churton Park and we have had some fun classes run here by locals in the past from genealogy to Spanish lessons - why not come in and have a chat?
If you have had new neighbours move in over Christmas, please share this newsletter with them and ask them to pop in to the Centre to find out what’s going on and connect with the community. For what’s coming up next week, please click here
REGULAR CLASS SPOTLIGHT – Wonderplay Drama Tuesdays from 3.30pm
Join professional actor, Debs Rea for age focussed drama classes aimed at giving kids confidence and a love of drama! Due to graduations last year, there are a few spaces in all classes, so come along and try a class for free!
Ages 5 – 8 Years Tuesdays 3.30-4.30pm
This term the class will be covering:
• Character work
• Shape and structure for narrative and image
Ages 9-12 Years Tuesdays 4.45-5.45pm
This term the class will be covering:
• Introduction to Stanislavsky
• Screen acting technique
• Character study
**New in 2015** Young Actors Tuesdays 6.15-7.15pm at CHURTON PARK SCHOOL HALL
Young Actors provides more intensive training for 12-18 year olds. Teenagers are given tools to create their own work and bring to life the work of others. Classes involve voice and movement training as well as character building skills and acting for stage as
well as screen. Students are encouraged to make their own discoveries and are mentored to become independent performers who can create and problem-solve on their own.
Contact Debs on 021 172 2839 or email email@example.com for a registration pack.
ON NEXT WEEK - For further information and bookings on all classes, contact me at the Centre: 830 4802 or Beckie.firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise stated.
· ** SCHOOL HOLIDAY CLASSES ** - there are still spaces available in most of our school holiday classes (see below). Please check out the attached programme for booking details and costs:
o Animated Story Telling Monday 26th 11-1.30pm – one place left
o Kids Animation Monday 26th 2-4pm – several spots left
o Intro to 3D Printing Wednesday 28th 10-11.30am - several spots left
o Intro to Guitar Wednesday 28th 3.30-4.30pm – open session, please just turn up
o Creative Writing Trial Class Thursday 29th 11 – 12pm - several spots left
o Arty Blox Beach Art Class Thursday 29th 10.30 – 12.30 - several spots left
o Edible Craft Friday 30th 9.30-12.30 - several spots left
· ** Buggy Walking Group ** - join the Buggy Walkers for their weekly walk, departing the Community Centre at 10am on Monday.
· ** SPCA Adopt-a-thon ** - the SPCA will be back for 2015 with their first Adopt-a-thon of the year on Saturday 31st February from 12-3pm.
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
· ** Zumba Gold Evening Classes ** – Joy will be bringing her fun classes to Tuesday evenings, so even if you are working, you won’t miss out! Free introductory class on Tuesday 3rd February at 6pm. Please register. See attached.
· ** Santosha Meditation with Diane ** - new for 2015, Diane, who runs our two weekly yoga classes will be adding a Wednesday lunchtime meditation class to the timetable for 2015. Work with Diane to explore a number of techniques to find one that suits you to help lead your mind into stillness. Starts Wednesday 4th February from 12-1pm, $40 for 4 weeks. Book and pay via Diane: email@example.com.
· ** Preschool Music Classes ** - Tuesdays, 10:00am - 10:45am. This term will be an eight week term, and if signed up by Friday 30 January there is a special discounted rate of $70! Casual rate (ideal for a friend to try), is just $10 per class. The dates are
Tuesday 3 February to Tuesday 24 March. For more information, come to a class or contact Felicity: 027 272 2580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ** ESOL Classes ** – English classes for people with English as a second language start in February. Fees are $10/hour and classes will run on Tuesday evening and Saturday mornings. For more information, please contact Gwen on 0210 845 9053 or email@example.com. See attached.
· ** Churton Park Toastmasters – Successful Communicators and Leaders ** - starting in March, the Toastmasters group will meet every second Thursday from 7.30 – 9.30pm. Toastmasters is an ideal way to gain confidence in public speaking and leadership through practice. It’s ideal for helping you manage that new promotion, improving confidence with speaking English, coming across much better in a job interview, gaining confidence in giving presentations and leading meetings and developing leadership skills. If you are interested in being kept in the loop with this group, please let me know.
1. Have you got the new Churton Park Info App yet? If you live locally, you need this one stop information guide to the suburb! Download via Google Play or iTunes and search 'Churton Park Info'. Check it out here.
2. Recruiting Now! Interpreting New Zealand need new interpreters to be trained by us. Casual employment is available at an excellent rate of pay after passing the training. We are very keen to find the right people to join our organization. For full list of languages we need click herehttp://www.interpret.org.nz/
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
Community Centre Advocate | | Wellington City Council
P 04 830 4802 | M 021 247 8741 | F
E Beckie.Duffy@wcc.govt.nz | W Wellington.govt.nz